As always, the reason of my failure was a lack of cohesive plan, both rules- and concept-wise.
To start with the latter, my new concept involves a few things:
- late 13th/early 14th century Hungarian topics
- my World In Chaos fantasy setting
- my Schultze-Böhnstadt imagi-world, which can be in conjunction with the first one (I started on this before, my plan is to include noble houses named after German beer brands).
And the rules would be
- SBH for small actions
- Lion Rampant for large skirmishes
- Gudugan Pudugan house-rules for larger battles (I can remove the fluff from this and play as is)
The 1/72 figure market is very broad, and one thing I don't want to do is be especially pedantic, neither with period dress nor the painting. Further, 1/72 figures are at a decent intermediate scale, so they can be used both for skirmishes and big battles.
For small skirmishes I'll use figs on 40x20 cavalry and round 20mm infantry bases, while for larger battles a well tried-out method is to have 3 cav or 6 infantry on a 60x40 rectangular base, my WSS/GNW troops are based this way.
Now back to scouring cheapo kits.
No comments:
Post a Comment