First of all, I managed to dig out the remainders of the last Aliexpress package (of the ripped-off Caesar knight figures that everybody likes on the Super Cheap Wargaming FB group), and all in all I could field a few units already. I have four mounted knights (a reduced figure number or half unit of heavy cavalry and a commander), a group of archers, a few standard bearers and foot sergeants, which is a good start.
Superhobby or Mojehobby or however you'd like to call it supplies most of the Dark/Light Alliance 1/72 plastics, and a few more interesting sets in between, so I would be able to field a lots of units cheaply and without having to resort to Chinamen using stolen products. (I wonder though if it's really stolen as Caesar is also a Chinese company and whether they just sold off their existing stock to someone else.)
Thus the setting would be, as in my previous attempt, my World in Chaos fantasy universe, where I could fight battles between various factions without having the need to adhere to historical authencity. If I can duplicate units for historical use, it's just the better.
Here's a few sets I would like:
- one or two box of knights, preferably early types, like the Italeri Teutonic Knights I have.
- the Orion Vikings box, absolutely ahistorical but I have some toy soldier figures made in their fashion and like the horned helmets.
- HäT El Cid Spanish infantry, good early medieval to about 12th century mixed infantry, 8 units' worth in Rampant terms for cheap.
- Dark Alliance orcs and goblins, to represent the evil foe.
- Light Alliance Rohirrim (both the infantry and the horse), pretty good looking generic fantasy dudes.
When it comes to prices 1/72 scale is still king, most likely because it is unaffected by the rising production cost of metal figures. And the figures being of intermediate size, they are good for massed battles and small skirmishes too.
I'd like to wait a little before buying anything, because hopefully I'll be able to round up my 28mm 17th century Western European collection on the next Bloody Miniatures 'Not at Salute' sale, and don't wish to overspend.
No comments:
Post a Comment