The three main protagonists of my Risk Napoleonic enterprise are more or less done. These are the French, Austrian and Russian armies. If you follow the main blog you might know I'm not a fan of the Peninsular War, and if I touched on the subject earlier I always did the Spaniards instead of the usual Brit/Portugal forces.
This means I'm through six of the ten army boxes that came with the two games. It is time to decide the fate of the rest.
I also ordered some Warlord Epic commanders and cavalry, which are sort of in scale.
Risk:
The remainder is about 160 infantry and 48 cavalry. I'm using eight infantry and four cavalry figures per base and units of two bases per default, so this is 20 bases (10 units) of infantry and 12 (6) of cavalry. I don't really care about the artillery because there is an ample amount of guns for each faction (eight per box, I won't be using all of those).
After doing some calculation I'm omitting the Brits entirely and adding other colours instead.
6 bases infantry in full white - Saxon, Italian allies, Austrian extras (I have figures in green painted as Russians, these can be Württemberger in other theaters for example)
6 bases in cornflower blue - Bavarian and other German allies (or young/middle guard if you squint hard enough)
6 bases in brown - Grenzer, Landwehr, Portuguese, Russian Opolcheniye etc.
2 bases in red - Swiss or core Brit
4 bases cavalry in cornflower blue - allied German cav
4 bases in brown - Cossack, other irregular light cav
4 bases in red - Guard Cossack
Warlord figs:
1 sprue of French Light cav (20 horse), 1 sprue of Prussian Cav (18 horse), 2 sprues of French heavy cav (20 horse), not counting the Prussian jäger and the guns which I'll use somehow.
French heavy cav:
12x carabiniers - 3 bases of Russian, Saxon or Austrian cuirassiers (I'll paint on the front plates only)
12x dragoons - 3 bases of French dragoons
16x cuirassiers - 4 bases of French cuirassiers
French light cav:
I'll do some head swaps and conclude with 2 bases of French/Polish lancers, 2 bases of Russian dragoons and 4 commanders.
Prussian light cav:
2 bases of Austrian uhlans, 2 bases of whatever light cavalry and 2 officers.
5 French officers - I'll copy and recast a few more for Austrians/Russians.
No comments:
Post a Comment