As you may or may not know, I have a half complete 6mm Napoleonic project, for which I purchased a big bunch of figures from Commission Figurines (see the relevant tag).
Now I got kind of fed up with that project, one because some items were missing from the big order and had not been since replaced, and two because I kind of lost momentum painting everything else. I have some Austrian infantry and cavalry and French GAC table ready, but the rest is not even primed.
I was looking out for something less complicated, and found two boxes of an old edition of the Risk boardgame, with appropriate figures. Now the cavalry in that box is not so good (they are hussar like figures with firearms instead of swords), but the rest is okay and I can deal with that (hat and cuirass conversions inbound).
There are five armies in each box, with 12 cavalry, 8 cannon and 40-odd infantry, so around six hundred figures total, good enough for large-ish armies. I'll base them with 4 cav, 2 cannon and 8 inf per base, while the bases themselves are going to be either 20x40mm or 25x50mm size.
I think I'll make the major Napoleonic combatants out of them, starting with France, Austria and Russia. At this scale and complexity some of the figures will, of course, be interchangeable. The best thing is I can use the pre-coloured plastic to differentiate between armies until I paint them.
No comments:
Post a Comment