Tuesday, April 22, 2025

Block Galleys Sail Templates

I use these sail templates for my 1/350 scale galley models. Here's how to use them:
  • Save a local file of the image and paste it in Word.
  • Resize the image to your desired size and colour print it.
  • Cut out along the black outline.
  • Fold along the line and glue sides together (applicable for lateen sails).
For my standard galleys I use a trinquet sail that is 3 or 4cm wide, and a mainsail that is 5,5cm wide (measured along the edge and NOT from opposite corners of the lateen sail.)

4cm green striped lateen sail

5,5cm green striped lateen sail

4cm standard sail with Maltese cross

5,5cm standard sail with Maltese cross

3cm standard coloured sail


4cm standard coloured sail

5,5cm standard coloured sail


4cm red striped sail

5,5cm red striped sail

large sail cloth material (to cut square sails etc.) - I printed this at 15x20cm


large sail cloth material - tanned (same as above in different colour)



No comments:

Post a Comment