(Updated 03.28.)
My next plan is a series of unconnected skirmishes featuring a small Jackewlinese pirate crew and their ship in the Yellow Isles. I already ordered the next batch of Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago crewmen for just that purpose.
This is a rather unexplored part of the world of Dorfainen, full of many dangers, so it's got a lot of storytelling potential.
The crew would gather resources, avoid military vessels and try to put their hands on long lost booty, combating rival pirate gangs, tribal islanders and nature itself.
Inter Arma 2.1., my homebrew ruleset has all the necessary elements to run such a campaign, basically I draft a scenario, play it, see who survives and who gets some experience, then carry on.
Perhaps in the end the captain of the crew could become Pirate Queen/King? (or just lie dead in the sand at some forgotten place, the way pirates do.)
The thing I mostly need now is ample figures on clear acrylic bases for both naval and land-based actions - and the bases themselves, but they're not a strain on my budget. I'm not really that much into pirate swashbuckling, but I needed something to get me out of hobby fatigue, so hopefully this project will just be the right cure.
Also I'll build some pirate ships out of trash.
Rules to be used:
- an abstract scenario-based IA2.1. campaign system for the long game
- IA2.1. for medium sized skirmishes
-IA2.1. or Flashing Steel for small skirmishes
- a Block Galleys variant for naval combat, perhaps only the ship vs. ship aspect, the crews could fight it out based on IA2.1.: the turn starts with a ship movement and cannonade phase, then individual crew vs. crew combat, and then determining the ship's hull status
- larger ship vs. ship actions in Galleys &Galleons, it's fun and very random (thank you brain, now I need to get more Zvezda 1/350 scale ships)
A four-gun ship could house about ten to a dozen crew members, and could be built to be rather compact in size.
No comments:
Post a Comment