I started to make an ad-hoc star fort for my 6mm terrain project without much planning and failed miserably. So I rethought and went at it the only proper Vauban way: using science.
This means I made a small template in Paint for a four-pointed star fort which I can reproduce, slice up and use to build smallish border fortresses for my games.
There aren't technically fortifications in Maurice, only towns or garrisoned redoubts perhaps. And my units being rather large and single based (meaning 1 unit = 1 base), I have to shrink my built-up areas a bit, so they are rather symbolic.
This star fort is supposed to be 8cm across from point to point, so by default a 75x25mm base unit won't fit, I'll just use a marker to show there is somebody inside. It can also be used as an immobile artillery strong point.
Of course a much fancier five-pointed design could also be made, for which I have plans in the distant future.
In other news, my terrain building project slowly reaches Phase Two, where I'm going to build one or two more city bases, rivers, mills and bridges, and then everything required will be complete.

No comments:
Post a Comment