Wednesday, November 6, 2024

Italian Wars - KiK Block Army

I wrote about using cheap wooden blocks as stand-ins for my WSS/Rákóczi Rebellion armies here.
That project is currently sidelined as I've got some more figures to paint, including SYW types, which sort of fill the need.

Now I've been thinking about finding other uses to the wooden blocks, and I came to the decision that I would glue two blocks together to make them bulkier, and use them for my Italian Wars project. It was rather easy to grab some sprites off Junior General and create various troop types, all I currently need are light cavalry and artillery. The blocks this way are wide enough to show the faction and troop type on the top, so I should be able to colour print the layout of each block in a single piece, then bend it in an U-shape and glue it on.

With these I can easily run the abstract campaign system I devised here on this blog, so I can play a few battles without amassing the 900+ 28mm figures planned for my big Italian Wars project.

Once the Baccus 6mm Italian Wars range gets going, I should be able to purchase some proper figs as well. Or if I win the lottery, I can buy all the Warlord, TAG etc. renaissance figures I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment