Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Adopting Space Battles in Space by Spacecraft to a non-gridded version

I've run a few playtests with the aforementioned rules and they work pretty fine. However, I don't have a gridded tabletop, especially not a hex grid big enough to house ships the sizes I'm working with (although I remember seeing a manufacturer offering space-themed gaming mats with a hex grid overlay).

It's rather simple as all I need is to convert 1 hex = 2" and 1 point of turning = 60° to work with my existing few models (two Hot Wheels ST Enterprises which could be large cruisers, and some other scratchbuilt bits).

Firing arcs are calculated from the broadest dimension of the ship, at about 30°offset:

It would also be easy to produce some templates.

I've joined a few scratchbuilding FB groups and the spaceships I see there kind of give me inspiration to run a series of battles or a sandbox exploration campaign similar to the CITAW one, set in the Contested Zone of my Llamamen vs. Squirrelmen universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment